-
October 15th, 2002, 04:21 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Looking for a recommended super8 with time lapse, slow motion, quality images and inexpensive...Which one should i get?? thanks. chaunce.choisir
-
October 16th, 2002, 12:43 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Hmm,
I cover this with two cameras.
1) Time Lapse
Minolta XL-401, (or XL-400 or XL-601)
Any of these has a pretty useful intervalometer for time lapse.
2)Slow Motion
GAF ST/602, (or ST/802) has 36 FPS slow motion.
Either of these is often available on E-Bay for not a lot of money. I've shot a lot of film with both and really like the image quality. The Minolta is a nice travel camera as well, as despite having a number of nice features it's pretty small and lightweight.
-
October 16th, 2002, 06:28 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Revue TM8 (made by Eumig)
- It has speed like single frame,9,18,24 and 45 fps, 8 x zoom (Schneider lens), auto/manual exposure, manual/auto zoom, macro and it is very small and light.
- It has also very versatile (stepless) intervalometer + possibility to shoot time exposure footage.
I bought one from ebay.de, costed me 5 Euro (5 USD).
I have shot with it one K40 roll, but haven't yet received it back from Kodak Lausanne.
Just check from www.ebay.de these cameras, the normal price range of Revue TM8 there is from 1 to 15 Euro. So very cheap and versatile little camera.
Here is one example of auction:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=1389847010
Just ask a seller, if he speak English and could ship the camera outside of Germany.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 16, 2002 03:30 AM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 16, 2002 03:32 AM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>
-
October 19th, 2002, 06:34 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I would go with the Minolta, the Rokkor lens is very nice (it's no Schnieder) and produces great images. The first few films I shot on super 8 were with a Minolta.
Good cameras for a bargain, and plenty of them around.
Scott
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks